Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Road not taken

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

-Robert Frost-


the poem has always been one of my favorites....
i always believe that an art, literature especially, every piece of art is a living organism...a human who finds eternity...soul
and that is why i believe artist could live forever.
and behind every great art, there's a ghost protecting them....and they will hunt those who could capture and interpret the art...although i believe, it is not their intention to harm, just want to be friends...somehow it is kinda hard to perfectly interpret the hidden message in every art...

yes i have been haunted by those freaky ghost
The Road Not Taken is one my favorite ever since my secondary schooling years...
i felt related to it

it is because, i have always want to be different from anyone else around me

up until now, i hate listening to music common people listen to....

the biggest decision in my life was to study what i have been studying like hell now...

somehow i doubt whether it is the right choice....while i was trying and busting my ass off to be different...is it worth it?

maybe being a commoner is better....stay common...be usual...live ordinary...stay happy...and still, be rich


but choosing the road less traveled by, i have to go through obstacles..just because i hate to be usual.....

but sometimes the road less traveled by could get us nowhere....maybe we'll be the victim of hungry tigers, maybe we'll die drowning, maybe, we'll starve to death

sometimes the common road guarantee us the consequences...we can see the results...and it is definite, never a maybe....

and i doubt whether the road i abandon could lead me to ecstacy?



I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. -Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken

4 comments:

Naughty Nisa said...

i loike this post =)
i do took that road not taken before.
and here i am.
doing successfully in uitm.
eventho doing the course i dislike and way not my favourite thing to do, yet i managed to do well in it. all you need is faith and hardship in everything u do. always be confident with what u be keeping on. n believe in yourself. that is the secret recipe. =)

Shahriza said...

tq

nurul khairunie said...

i used to memorize this poem when i was in school.

btw, i took the road with more people travel on it.

Shahriza said...

we all gonna make it, its just the matter of time.....