Tuesday, December 17, 2013

First writing assignment got me all fired up to revive this dead blog

why do i want to do this?Why do i take up this writing course?

Eversince i was small i am very passionate about writing. When I was seven years old, i have one small notebook where i will write whatever it is that came across my mind. I cant recall every content that i write but i did remember writing something about leg massage that cracks the whole house with laughter.

When i was asked what do i want to be when i grew up, i would say i want to become a lawyer and a writer. That was 20 years ago. Once i asked my mum can i be a Prime Minister and a writer at the same time? With her long smile she said, i can be like Mahathir Mohamad, the Prime MInister and the great writer. I remember feeling very good and have high hipes for the future.  Inow end up nothing like i thought i would be 20 years ago. Situation changed, people changed. I had a Bachelor Degree in Accounting and Finance, work as a struggling Financial Planner and nothing close on becoming a Prime Minister. To make things worst, im broke. One thing i know never change is my passion in writing or should i say, expressing my feelings in words. That is why i never like to take phone calls and one of the main factor of my many failures in establishing a relationship.

I read a lot but i am very choosy. I cant digest complicated stuff and long stressful articles. I found that reading is a good therapy if i encounter the difficulty to sleep. Having said that, i have no other options but to read more in order to enhance my writing skill. English is not my first language which makes reading something in english more vital.

I want to write stories. Stories about me and people around me. By mastering my writing skill, i hope i can do this and make a living out of this. I wont live forever. With my piece i hope people will notice my existence and who knows, i can live forever in the heart of my reader.


Which habits that i am going to change and what new habits that i will start practising?

In order to answer this correctly, i need to be honest and start identifying all my weaknesses which means i need to lower down my ego and my pride.

The worst part of me is that i cant wake up early and i sleep a lot. Which leads to another bad habit which is procastinating.

i believe by waking up early, and reduce my sleeping hours, i can change my destiny. Therefore waking up early is the habit that i hope i can start practising immediately.

Other than that, i want to start my day by expressing my gratitudes towards everything good and bad that happens around me and live my day smiling. I need to have a well planned structured day.

Besides that, i want to talk about good positive things and stop cursing. I hate the fact that i have a very bad temper and can curse all day over something. This has lead me to a very stressful life and had create bad atmosphere to the people around me.

Another thing is that i want to be spiritually content. i want to connect my mind, body and soul with surroundings and god. Writing is one of the way i know how.

We live in the world full of lies and deceit. I want to lead an honest life. I have not been honest all my life. There are times that i lie and make excuses which i really regret. i will be honest and tell the truth, so that i can live in dignity.

How do i deal with interruptions and distractions?

The only way to deal with interruptions and distractions is to have a great focus in what i do. In order to be focus, i need to have strong reasons to write. Therefore, i need to know my objective and why i need to write. With great focus and passion, i know i can achieve great things.

1 comment:

Phạm Bảo said...

Việt Nam đang có một siêu dự án 2016 Chung cư imperia sky garden sắp ra mắt sẽ làm điên đảo thị trường Chung cu ha noi giới đầu tư sục sôi tìm hiểu về dự án hot này, được biết dự án nằm tại vị trí 243 minh khai thuộc hệ thống Chung cư hai bà trưng, nơi đây từ lâu đã là phố xá sầm uất nhất Hà Nội, bên cạnh đó Chung cư cầu giấyChung cư thanh xuân cũng mọc lên vô vàn dự án cao cấp.